850 Richmond Ave, San Jose
Listing Price: $1,498,000
Carport Model Eichler in Rose Glen Neighborhood
Enter this updated carport model Eichler filled with natural light due to the clerestory windows throughout the home as well as floor-to-ceiling windows in the dining and living areas. Varnished African mahogany wood paneling lines the hallway, dining area, and off the kitchen while the living room sports a brick wood-burning fireplace, grasscloth wallpapered walls, and sliding door access to the backyard. The interior of the home has been newly painted and offers 5-inch wide maple engineered hardwood floors throughout and hydronic baseboard heating with a Lochinvar heater. The two bedrooms can easily be converted back to three bedrooms. The primary large bedroom has an office/seating area, an ensuite bath, and built-in wood-paneled wardrobe cabinets with lighting and a full-length mirror. The newly updated ensuite bathroom has stone tile floors, a large walk-in shower with gray tile surround featuring black fixtures, a wood floating mid-century vanity, a circular mirror, and a light fixture.
The updated kitchen maintains the mid-century feel and has Ikea and wood cabinets with stone countertops as well as a stainless steel gas range which was new in 2020 and Summit Professional fridge. The island with breakfast bar seating has an adjacent additional island with storage. There is also a skylight and a large double pane window overlooking the backyard providing lots of natural light.
The home has a modified Bitumen built-up roof, Eichler wood siding exterior, and a covered carport with a large walk-in storage room with built-in shelving. The front yard is a drought-tolerant themed garden and drip irrigation system. The east-facing backyard offers plenty of shade ideal for year-round afternoon enjoyment. The backyard also offers two concrete patio areas, a grass area with a sprinkler system, mature redwood, fruit trees including olive, fig, peach, orange, Meyer lemon, lime, and Kaffir lime, a flowering acanthus hedge, and a drip-irrigated herb garden.
The home is located within the attendance boundary of Sherman Oaks Elementary, Monroe Middle, and Del Mar High. As part of the Sherman Oaks Neighborhood Association, you’ll enjoy the community newsletter and an annual community party at the nearby park. There’s a community playground less than a half-block away and you’re walking distance to the light rail, Los Gatos Creek Trail, Bascom Library, and San Jose City College. Only minutes to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, downtown Willow Glen, Valley Fair shopping center, and Santana Row as well as easy commute access to highways 280, 85, and 17.
Built in 1952 by renowned mid-century modern builder Joseph Eichler — Located in the Rose Glen neighborhood — Eichler wood siding exterior — Open beam ceilings — Globe lighting — Skylights — Floor-to-ceiling windows in the living and dining area — Clerestory windows throughout the interior distribute beautiful natural lighting to all spaces — Varnished African mahogany wood paneling — Living room with brick wood-burning fireplace, grasscloth wallpapered walls and sliding door access to the backyard — Dining area with globe lighting and mid-century styled textured wallpaper — Clerestory windows throughout the interior distribute beautiful natural lighting to all spaces — 5-inch wide maple engineered hardwood floors throughout — Newly painted interior — Partially updated electrical with GCFI in key areas — Baseboard heating throughout with Lochinvar heater — Laundry located in the utility room off the carport
Bedrooms: 2 bedrooms
- *Can easily be converted back to 3 bedrooms
- Primary: large bedroom with seating area and ensuite bath, built-in wood-paneled wardrobe cabinets with lighting, and full-length mirror
- Second: built-in wood-paneled wardrobe
Bathrooms: 2 bathrooms
- Primary: newly updated with stone tile floors, large walk-in shower with gray tile surround featuring black fixtures, wood floating mid-century vanity, circular mirror, and light fixture
- Hall: newly updated with stone tile floors, walk-in shower with white subway tile surround featuring black fixtures, floating mid-century vanity, circular mirror, and light fixture
- Updated kitchen while maintaining the mid-century feel
- Ikea and wood cabinets with stone countertops
- Stainless steel gas range new in 2020, white Summit Professional fridge and dishwasher
- Island with breakfast bar seating, adjacent additional island with storage
- Skylight and a large double-pane window to the backyard provide lots of natural light
- Modified Bitumen built-up roof
- Covered carport with large walk-in storage room and built-in shelving
- Front yard is a drought-tolerant theme garden of Cretaceous plants (magnolia, cycads, ferns, juniper varieties: podocarpus and ephedra), watered with drip irrigation
- East-facing backyard with plenty of shade is ideal for year-round afternoon enjoyment. Two concrete patio areas, grass area with sprinkler system, mature redwood, fruit trees including olive, fig, peach, orange, Meyer lemon, lime, and Kaffir lime, flowering acanthus hedge, and drip-irrigated herb garden
- Sherman Oaks Elementary
- Monroe Middle
- Del Mar High
*Buyer to verify
- Part of Sherman Oaks Neighborhood Association which distributes a newsletter and hosts an annual community party at the nearby park
- Community playground less than a half-block away
- Walking distance to light rail, Los Gatos Creek Trail, Bascom Library, and San Jose City College
- Minutes to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, downtown Willow Glen, Valley Fair shopping center, and Santana Row
- Easy commute access to highways 280, 85 and 17