849 Marshall Drive, Palo Alto
Listing Price: $3,198,000
Fairpark Eichler in Central Palo Alto
This beautiful Fairpark Tract Eichler, located in Midtown Palo Alto, offers a cement slab foundation with radiant heated floors and hardwood flooring throughout the living space. The living room has a painted brick fireplace, open beam ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, iconic globe lighting, and sliding door access to a stone paver patio and a park-like backyard. Some double pane windows have been updated and the interior and exterior have been freshly painted.
The kitchen offers granite countertops over custom-built cherry wood cabinetry, a bay window looking out to the entryway and a new Samsung electric range, a new Broan-NuTone range hood fan, Creda combination oven/microwave, KitchenAid garbage disposal, KitchenAid dishwasher, and Whirlpool refrigerator. The primary bedroom has sliding door access to the backyard, a large closet and en-suite bathroom with ceramic tile floors, a walk-in shower with tile surround, a large window and glass doors, a linen closet, and a wood vanity with a granite countertop. The expanded fourth bedroom is perfect as a study, family room, and/or guest room with sliding door access to the backyard.
Step into the newly updated landscaped backyard with new sod, automatic sprinkler system, 3 stone paver patios, pergola with seating area, cherry trees, and decomposed granite pathways. The newly landscaped front yard showcases the house with a freshly painted wood siding and a 2 -car attached garage with newly finished epoxy floors, and a laundry area. In the school district of Palo Verde Elementary, Jane Lathrop Stanford Middle and Palo Alto High School and walking distance to Ohlone Choice Elementary. The home is in a friendly neighborhood with 4th of July block parties and an annual Obon Festival. Nearby to Hoover, Greer, and Henry W. Seale Parks and just minutes from Stanford, Baylands Nature Preserve, and downtown Palo Alto. It’s an easy commute to Highway 101. Rinconada Park is 1 mile away on Embarcadero and offers a municipal swimming pool, a community center, community theater, children’s theater, a junior museum, zoo, playgrounds, tennis courts, walking trails, and a picnic area.
Built in 1954 by renowned Mid Century Modern Builder, Joseph Eichler — Cement slab foundation with radiant heated floors — Hardwood flooring throughout — Open beam ceilings —Floor-to-ceiling windows — Iconic globe lighting — Living room with painted brick fireplace, sliding door access to stone paver patio and park-like backyard — Updated double pane windows in some areas of the house — Newly painted interior and exterior
Bedrooms: 4 bedrooms
- Primary: Sliding door access to the backyard, large closet
- Second: Sliding door access to the side yard
- Third: Large bedroom with sliding door access to the backyard
- Fourth: Large bedroom, great for office or playroom, new carpet, large closet and sliding door access to backyard
Bathrooms: 2 bathrooms
- Primary: En-suite bathroom including ceramic tile floors, walk-in shower with tile surround, large window and glass doors, linen closet, wood vanity with granite countertop
- Hall: Porcelain sink over wood cabinetry, ceramic tile floors, shower over tub with tile surround, window, and glass doors
- Granite countertops over custom-built cherry wood cabinetry
- Bay window looking out to entryway
- New Samsung electric range, New Broan-NuTone range hood fan, Creda combination oven/microwave, KitchenAid garbage disposal, KitchenAid dishwasher, Whirlpool refrigerator
- Tar and Gravel roof
- Newly painted wood siding
- 2-car attached garage, newly finished epoxy floors, laundry area
- Newly updated landscaping in front and back yards
- Front Yard: Stone paver driveway, pomegranate tree
- Entryway: Landscaped stone paver walkway with wood seating area
- Backyard: New sod, automatic sprinkler system, 3 stone paver patios, pergola with seating area, cherry trees, beautifully newly landscaped gardens with decomposed granite pathways
- Palo Verde Elementary
- Jane Lathrop Stanford Middle
- Palo Alto High
- Friendly neighborhood: 4th of July block party with neighbors on Marshall Drive. Annual Obon Festival on Louis Road
- Nearby to Hoover, Greer, and Henry W. Seale Parks
- Minutes from Stanford, Baylands Nature Preserve, downtown Palo Alto for shopping and restaurants
- Easy commute access on highway 101
- The Midtown shopping area is only ½ mile away on Middlefield Road, offers a grocery store, coffee shops, drug stores, banks, post office boxes, restaurants, a hair salon.
- Rinconada Park is 1 mile away on Embarcadero and offers a municipal swimming pool, a community center, community theater, children’s theater, a junior museum, zoo, playgrounds, tennis courts, walking trails, and a picnic area.