1652 Fairorchard Avenue, San Jose
Sold for: $2,060,000
About 1652 Fairorchard Avenue, San Jose
Built in 1960 by renowned Mid-Century Modern Builder, Joseph Eichler, this beautiful home was completely remodeled in 2014 maintaining the original features while adding many modern updates. Enter through the peaceful open air atrium with three sliding door access points to the inside and concrete patio with rock beds along the edges.
The open concept living/dining room combo has 10ft ceilings, a brick wood burning fireplace and is surrounded on two sides with floor to ceiling windows bringing the outside in. The gourmet kitchen showcases updated Miele and Subzero appliances that blend into the cabinetry, gas cooktop, stainless steel and corian countertops w/breakfast bar and adjacent family room. Off the kitchen there is a full guest bath. The primary bedroom has an ensuite bath, with separate vanity area, stall shower, walk-in closet and sliding door access to the backyard. Globe lighting, double paned windows, polished concrete floors with radiant heating throughout the home and freshly painted interior.
Relax entertaining family and friends in the backyard with concrete patio and low maintenance landscaping. Minutes to downtown Lincoln Ave restaurants, shops and weekly Farmers Market. Bike to nearby Wallenberg and Lincoln parks. Participate in Fairglen’s annual neighborhood block parties and events.
Built in 1960 by Joseph Eichler — Brick wood burning fireplace — Open beam ceilings — Floor-to-ceiling double-paned windows — Globe lights — Skylights — Three panel closet doors — Radiant heated floors — Stained concrete floors — Laundry located in the utility room off hallway — All new electrical in 2014 including new panel — Interior walls changed to drywall in 2014 remodel — Dining room off the living room — Kitchen/Family room combo — Garage turned into a bonus room with storage area in front — Freshly painted interior
- 4 bedrooms
- Primary: sliding door access to backyard, en suite bathroom and walk in closet with custom shelving
- Second and Third: original Eichler closet doors
- Fourth: sliding door access to atrium, original Eichler closet doors
- 2 Bathrooms
- Primary: Separate updated vanity area, walk in shower with tile surround and glass enclosure, skylight
- Hall: Shower over tub with tile surround, updated vanity with porcelain countertop and metal base, door to access the side yard
- Guest: located off the kitchen and bonus room, walk in shower with tile surround and glass enclosure
- Kitchen / Family room combo
- Stainless steel and corian countertops over custom Viola Park cabinets
- Updated appliances including Subzero fridge, Miele Oven and microwave builtin, Miele gas range and Miele Dishwasher.
- Sliding door access to backyard and window to side yard over sink
- Membrane Roof
- Wood siding
- Fenced backyard with concrete patio and low maintenance landscaping and raised garden beds
- Limited irrigation in both front and back yards
- Low maintenance front yard with native plants
- Booksin Elementary
- Willow Glen Middle
- Willow Glen High
- Charming Fairglen Eichler neighborhood is known for its neighborhood gatherings, including an annual block party and Eichler home tour.
- Bike to Kirk Park, Wallenberg Park and Community Garden.
- Nearby to Fairbrae swim and tennis club and Serra park
- Just minutes to downtown Lincoln Avenue shops and restaurants, weekly Willow Glen Farmers Market, Zannotto’s Market, Starbucks, as well as downtown Campbell and Pruneyard Shopping Center.
- Convenient commute access to freeways 280, 85, 17 and 87.